Associate Director- Hospitality- London
Office Location: London
Department: Hospitality VS
Purpose of the Role
Provide valuation services across the Hospitality sector, providing advice and valuations on businesses and going concern properties primarily across the UK. Working as a key member of the valuation team of experts to build strong relationships with major clients, banks, investors, accountants and operators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Surveying and valuing properties and trading businesses and thoroughly inspecting to determine value;
- Generating business through the use of email, telephone prospecting, individual initiatives and being aware of market activity;
- Responding efficiently and effectively to direct enquiries from clients, bankers and investors;
- Preparing detailed valuation reports;
- Working to and achieving targets;
- Developing and liaising with key contacts, including solicitor, accountants and other professional bodies;
- Understanding Accounts and Leases;
- Using valuation techniques;
- Cross-selling Group companies;
- Dealing with clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Building internal and external relationships.
Working Relationships and Contacts
You will work within a team of Valuers who form a national team of specialist hospitality experts. You will report to the Managing Director of Pubs and Restaurants, whilst retaining a good level of autonomy. Our brand, company reputation and market knowledge will help you to open doors and become a trusted advisor for clients to rely upon with confidence. You will also work closely with Christie Group company colleagues to cross-sell and gain business.
- To be a good ambassador for the company;
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible;
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health & Safety At Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives;
- To work in accordance with the Data Protection Act;
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant Real Estate Degree; Essential
- RICS Chartered Status; Essential
- A minimum 5 years post qualification experience; Desired
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills; Essential
- Very strong IT skills with excellent working knowledge of office; Essential
- Knowledge of trade sector and current market trends; Desired
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations, Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations, Estate Agents Act and Money Laundering Regulations; Essential
- Report preparation skills; Essential
- Professional with high standards;
- Able to develop strong working relationships;
- Sales and service-oriented;
- Communication skills, listening carefully and giving feedback;
- Numerate with strong analytical skills;
- Meticulous and methodical in approach;
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative;
- Driven and energetic;
- Honest and trustworthy;
- Team player;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Calm, considered approach when handling diverse demands;
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
At this point in time we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.