Purpose of the Role
We require a Business Agent/ Broker to join our successful and established specialist Retail Team. You will be directly responsible for matching buyers with sellers through the full lifecycle of a business sale. You will generate initial leads to sell, process instructions and manage deals to completion. This means you will have full exposure to clients, their business for sale and applicants looking to buy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- When deemed ready, implement your own business generation strategy within a given territory to generate new sale enquiries.
- Liaise with our marketing team to create good quality marketing materials.
- Present Christie & Co credentials, deliver pricing advice and secure sale mandates.
- List, market and manage opportunities for sale.
- Prepare, send and monitor marketing collateral, mail and email campaigns.
- Manage applicant calls and emails requesting information on instructions.
- Register and maintain applicant requirements and ensure they receive new instructions / remarketed instructions.
- Arrange & follow up viewings and process offers including buyer due diligence.
- Regular client updates on instruction activity
- Collaborate with our regional and national team on Corporate projects.
- Network across the territory
- Working as part of our motivated team to enhance our reputation and profile locally, regionally and UK wide
Working Relationships and Contacts
The role will report directly to a Regional Director and ultimately to the UK Managing Director. However, you will also work closely with existing local fee earners, finance and insurance brokers , support staff and a wider central support team of IT and Marketing personnel. Otherwise you will be encouraged for forge your own relationships with business stakeholders across a given territory.
- Strong team player
- Self-motivated, persistent, and intuitive
- Polite and professional
- Excellent communicator
- Proactive, organised and meticulous
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable, responding well to change
- Able to use your own initiative
- Able to effectively prioritise workload
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year working in property sales or another client facing environment; Essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Essential
- Estate agency experience and skills; Desirable
- Basic property knowledge; Essential
- Previous experience in sales is beneficial; Desirable
- Highly organised and self-motivated; Essential
- GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above in Maths and English; Essential
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially Excel and PowerPoint; Essential
- Full UK driving license; Essential
- To be a good ambassador for the company;
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible;
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives;
- To work in accordance with the Data Protection Act;
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
What can we offer?
- Competitive Salary & Car Allowance
- Commission structure
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Opportunity for progression and growth within the company
- Gain/ improve skills within a commercial property company
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to email@example.com
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role.