Office Location: Manchester
Department: Medical VS
Purpose of the Role
Provide valuation services across the Medical sector, providing advice and valuations on businesses and going concern properties across the UK primality focussed on portfolio valuation work and maintaining and building relationships. Working as a key member of the valuation team of experts to build strong relationships with major clients, banks, investors, accountants and operators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Surveying and valuing properties and trading businesses and thoroughly inspecting to determine value;
- Generating business through the use of email, telephone prospecting, individual initiatives and being aware of market activity;
- Responding efficiently and effectively to direct enquiries from clients and applicants;
- Preparing marketing literature and detailed reports;
- Generating inspections;
- Working to and achieving targets;
- Developing and liaising with key contacts, including solicitor, accountants and other professional bodies;
- Understanding Accounts and Leases;
- Using valuation techniques;
- Cross-selling Group companies;
- Dealing with clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Building internal and external relationships.
Working Relationships and Contacts
You will work within a team of Valuers and Agents who form a national team of specialist medical experts. You will report to the Managing Director, whilst retaining a good level of autonomy. Our brand, company reputation and market knowledge will help you to open doors and become a trusted advisor for clients to rely upon with confidence. You will also work closely with Christie Group company colleagues to cross-sell and gain business.
- To be a good ambassador for the company;
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible;
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health & Safety At Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives;
- To work in accordance with the Data Protection Act;
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
Skills and Experience
Relevant Real Estate Degree;
· RICS Chartered Status;
· A minimum of one to two years post-qualification experience;
· Exceptional negotiation and communication skills;
· Very strong IT skills with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
· Knowledge of trade sector and current market trends;
· Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations, Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations, Estate Agents Act and Money Laundering Regulations;
· Report preparation skills.
- Professional with high standards;
- Able to develop strong working relationships;
- Sales and service-oriented;
- Communication skills, listening carefully and giving feedback;
- Numerate with strong analytical skills;
- Meticulous and methodical in approach;
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative;
- Driven and energetic;
- Honest and trustworthy;
- Team player;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Calm, considered approach when handling diverse demands;
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
What can we offer?
- Competitive Salary & Car Allowance
- Commission structure
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Opportunity for progression and growth within the company
- Gain/ improve skills within a commercial property company
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org