Located at the junction of Micklegate and North Street in the heart of York, The Parish occupies a traditional church building which was known as St John’s Church until 1934 before becoming an arts centre in the 1970s.
The Parish has now been sold off market to a North East leisure operator, which intends to make improvements and re-launch the bar with a new concept as soon as possible.
Ryan Lynn, Associate Director at Christie & Co handled the sale and comments, “We are delighted to announce the sale of The Parish in York and to have achieved a sale price to meet the expectations of the vendors.
“The Micklegate area of York is thriving and has a great reputation for embracing new concepts and supporting new ventures, whether from a chain brand or local operators, and we are sure that the re-launch will be an exciting and welcome addition to the York leisure circuit.
“We would like to wish the new owner every success in their new venture and look forward to seeing the re-launched bar in due course.”