The Station was built in 1883 as a part of the Knebworth village development by the Lytton family, of Knebworth House. It is considered a prominent historic landmark and community asset as it is the sole pub in the village and formerly a hub for a range of community activities.
The property has been closed since 2017 when it was sold by Greene King. The new owners, Knebworth Parish Council have refurbished and reopened the pub and have received tremendous local support.
The Station is a substantial two storey property which gained its name from its location directly opposite the mainline Knebworth railway station. The station sees half a million travellers passing through every year so as well as being an asset for the local community, the pub is well placed to capitalise on the high levels of passing trade from the station.
The Station has a large open plan bar and restaurant which accommodates 100 guests internally as well as retaining a trade garden to the rear and parking to the front.
Tim Widdows, Business Agent at Christie & Co handled the sale and comments, “We received a large amount of interest in the property which led to several offers being put forward. We were pleased that the eventual buyer was the local Parish council, which will ensure the future of this important community asset.”
The Station was sold from an asking price of £595,000.
For further information on this press release, contact:
Fiona Fieldhouse, Head of Corporate Communications
P: 020 7227 0793 or E: email@example.com
Visit our Business Search page to find out more about our current pub and restaurant listings.