Listed as one of the best restaurants in Elham, clientele praise The Kings Arms for its welcoming atmosphere, friendly staff and extensive menu which caters for many dietary needs. The pub overlooks the village square and the medieval church and is the focal point for social activities across the area. Popular with locals, visitors and walkers from the Elham Valley, The King’s Arm is a Grade II listed building with homely features including an open fireplace and exposed beams and is very much the centre of village life.
Dating back to the early 15th century, The King's Arms was originally used as a grain-store. The building became a brewery supplying ale to local hostelries before being licensed as a pub. The pub was previously called the "Cock" due to the cockfights that took place at what is now the rear of the pub and retained this name until 1830, when it changed to the name it is known by today.
Elham is a village and civil parish in East Kent, situated approximately nine miles south of Canterbury and five miles north-east of Folkestone in the Elham Valley. The village sits equidistant between the A2 and the M20.
Current owners, Andy and Sarah House have decided to sell as they wish to retire from the business.
James Hughes, Senior Business Agent at Christie & Co is handling the sale and comments, “Elham is a beautiful village in the Kent countryside and the pub itself is ideally situated at the heart of the community. Rural Kent village pubs always tend to attract plenty of interest from a variety of buyer types and we expect to see strong interest in The King’s Arms.”
The King’s Arms is on the market at an asking price of £89,950 for the leasehold interest.