Christie & Co invites offers for Mercure-branded hotels
Specialist business property adviser Christie & Co has been appointed to sell and is inviting offers for six Mercure-Branded Hotels. All six properties are available free and clear of the current management but with the benefit of a franchise agreement with Accor under their Mercure brand. The hotels are available on a whole, sub-group or single asset basis.
- Mercure Bowdon Altrincham Hotel - This freehold hotel is located in one of Cheshire’s most affluent suburbs close to many key commercial and leisure attractions. The property comprises 87 en-suite bedrooms, restaurant, bar and a variety of meeting rooms. The leisure facilities include a gym, swimming pool, sauna and steam room.
- Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel – This freehold hotel ccomprises 75 en-suite bedrooms arranged over 3 floors on an extensive freehold site. The property has on-site leisure club facilities with mini gym, sauna, steam room and swimming pool. Large conferencing facilities allow for a maximum capacity of 250 guests in addition to a restaurant, bar and 200 car parking spaces.
- Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel – This property is located close to the A1M motorway and comprises 76 en-suite bedrooms, restaurant, bar and a range of meeting facilities.
- Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel – This freehold Grade II listed country house property also includes modern detached bedroom blocks and function suites on site. The hotel’s location and large function space means it benefits from commercial, leisure and wedding demand. Enjoying a lake setting in extensive grounds, the hotel’s main building dates back to 1544 and comprises 17 en-suite bedrooms, a selection of small function spaces, restaurant, bar and wine cellar which can host up to 60 guests.
- Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel – This freehold hotel comprises 74 en-suite bedrooms arranged over 2 buildings. The accommodation consists of a restaurant, 2 bars, a variety of meeting rooms and leisure facilities including a gym, swimming pool, sauna and steam room.
- Mercure Wigan Oak Hotel – This hotel is available as a long leasehold. This is a purpose-built property comprising 88 en-suite bedrooms arranged over 5 floors served by a single passenger lift. There are a variety of function rooms, large restaurant, bar and a terrace area adjoining the main function suite. The hotel is within walking distance of the main shopping attractions of Wigan and a short drive from the DW Stadium, home to Wigan Athletic FC and Wigan Warriors RLFC.
Jeremy Jones, Head of Brokerage – Hotels, at Christie & Co commented, “These hotels are each located within vibrant regional UK trading markets. Initial interest has been very encouraging on a group, sub-group and single asset basis.”