What makes the Christie & Co experience?
You’re part of the team, where you can immediately put your education or experience to use.
Your journey with Christie & Co starts on day one. Working as part of a team of experts, you'll have the opportunity to work with exciting and varied property types in a mid-size, dynamic organisation. With 15 UK and 16 international offices, we are market leaders in our sectors, selling and valuing more commercial properties than anyone else.
What qualifications do I need?
Ideally a good RICS accredited property degree, however we do support strong candidates seeking an RICS Masters Conversion from a non-cognate background. We also provide AssocRICS support for individuals with no degree or professional body membership.
Which route can I follow?
- Be an Agent or Broker in a Transactional Team
- Be a Valuer in the Valuation Team
David took the agency route...
As an Agent, it has been a fantastic opportunity
to get involved in a number of Profits Method
valuations, along with the more traditional approaches
How long will it take me?
The period of qualification is between 12 - 24 months
Jack is following the associate route ...
I have taken the Associate route to RICS
membership. The company supported my
studies and I am now qualified as an Associate
member of the RICS. With continuing support
and guidance from Christie & Co, I am undertaking
the studies required to complete my APC training
which will lead to me achieving Chartered status.
What will I be doing?
- On the job training
- Shadowing established colleagues
- Undertaking a variety of exciting and challenging instructions
- Interacting with clients and market leading organisations
- Inspecting properties and interacting with business owners outside of the office
Mark has qualified ...
Since qualifying I have become a key part of the Valuation Services team within
Christie & Co. I have enjoyed gaining experience across all of the specialist
licensed and leisure sectors, with no two days ever proving to be the same.
Whilst I am often asked what a typical day would entail, the truth is that there is
no such thing as a 'typical day’. The constant variety of care homes, pharmacies,
hotels, retail premises, development sites, to name but a few, means that my
role as a Valuation Surveyor is always different with fresh challenges provided
on a weekly basis.
Who will support me?
Along with exposure to a range of exciting and interesting assignments as you complete your training, you'll also benefit from the following support:
- Christie & Co will meet RICS fees and training costs
- Time & support for APC Diary
- Contribute towards your CPD requirement
- Generous paid study leave
- Line manager sponsorship
- An experienced APC counsellor & supervisor
- Network with a wide pool of graduates and APC candidates in the company
- A network of APC Assessors & Chairs across Christie & Co
Beth has benefitted from the wider support and experience of the team ...
The company is very supportive and there is a depth of experience in our sectors.
There are many relatively recent successful APC candidates who are ready and
willing to support any new colleagues embarking on the process.