Team Leader- New Business, General
Who are we?
Christie Insurance specialise in seven sectors: Retail, Care, Childcare & Education, Hotels, Pubs & Restaurants, Leisure, Healthcare (Dental, Pharmacies, GP practices). We are part of Christie Group plc - a leading business services group with 38 offices across the UK and Europe. We are committed to what we do as an advice led service. We are and will remain an independent broker (we are not an aggregator).
Do you want to become part of a small nimble team, you lead a team in which we listen to ideas, suggestions and then supports you and your team to take ownership and responsibility to deliver agreed outcomes and objectives. We want you to help us create an environment that you and your team can thrive in.
With our office in central Milton Keynes, 10 minutes from the train station, we are in a fantastically unique position to grow exponentially over the coming years, and we want you to be part of that. We are looking for an experienced Insurance Account Executive to lead the commercial new business team. The person we are looking for is a very capable and experienced commercial insurance broker, a team leader that understand their team’s needs, how to get the best out of them with a consultative approach, role models behaviours and knows how to achieve results through their own working style. You will have had great success in generating and converting leads, this will be through your capability of developing relationships with contacts and customers, creating confidence and mutual trust with tailored advice to suit the customer’s needs, to become their go to insurance advisor.
If this sounds like you, we have an amazing opportunity for you. As you will know this type of opportunity does not come around very often.
With our new office in Milton Keynes, but also using our London office, we have a real opportunity for our hybrid teams to come together to create an environment that we all want to be present, to enable us to regroup, engage and have fun with each other and create a feeling of belonging to a fantastic business. We also want to ensure that we have regular opportunities to learning together, to build up skills and competency, to gain confidence to develop us in our working lives and careers.
Purpose of the role
- To secure new customers through the sale of general insurance policies
- Support your team to generate and convert sales leads
- To provide an ethical and valued advisory service, developing you and your team’s reputation internally and externally as a professional, knowledgeable broker.
- Develop and maintain relationships with insurers.
Skills and experience
- You would typically have circa 10 years as an advisor in commercial insurance
- To have a well-founded understanding of the fundamentals of Insurance, its legal context, and the operation of the Insurance marketplace
- Working with your team to ensure that we respond promptly to client queries and ensure that all communications with customers and/or insurers, or other relevant business contacts are accurately recorded through our Acturis system.
- Demonstrable success providing telephone and face to face-based client led advice in a sales environment
- To be able to manage high volumes of enquiries ensuring your team is effective and organised in their approach to managing timely their timely response
- To maintain consistent conversion rates in quoting and selling to new clients
- Role model internally and externally behaviours of a professional, competent, engaging, and friendly Insurance broker and Team Leader
- Motivating your team to meet collective targets and goals
- Experience of leading a team, and enabling opportunities for them to learn and develop
- Strong relationship building, influencing and team building skills
- Understand how to champion your team, yourself, and Christie Insurance to make us stand out from the crowd.
- Diploma from CII or above
What we can offer
- Negotiable Salary
- Uncapped Bonus Structure
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible Working
- Income Protection if you fall ill
- Life Assurance
- A real ability to influence the direction of the business.
We want our team to be high achieving, fun, entrepreneurial, sharing the highs, knowledge, training, chat and of course doing an amazing job for some amazing clients, if this sounds like you and something you want to be a part of, apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com.
Please note, we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship at this moment in time.